Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The world I want to live in...........

I've thought a lot today about how I wish we were living in another time. But the more I think about it the more I question the theory of things being better in days gone by. You look at movies and read books about the past and people seem to care for one another. They work hard and take care of their families. They are honest and dependable. And even though there is always a bad guy, a Nellie Olsen, or a loose woman, the majority of people are living a sound, moral life and showing love and concern for those around them. I wonder if things were really this simple and good. If so, take me back!!! I think my husband and I were born way past our time! I want to live in a world where everyone knows it requires hard work to survive. I want to live in a world where welfare doesn't come from a government office, but it the helping hand of neighbor to a man who is truly unable to work. I want to live in a world where the most important thing is your relationship with God and your family. Where people realize their priorities and that family should come first! That all the hard work and labor are rewarded by a roof over your head, clothes on your backs, food in your belly, and a family that has all of their needs met. I want to live in a world where children are loved and protected, but not spoiled and made lazy. I want to see a world where children are taught to work and care for themselves and to care for others. The selfishness and inbred greed I see in people today only seems to get worse and worse. What happened to people who think about others instead of themselves? Where have all the honest people gone? I want to go back to a time where men and women knew their places and the roles they should fill. I want to live in a world where men are able to be protectors and providers and women are able to be the ones who nurture and care for a family. Why have men lost the ability to lead, and women lost the ability to be led. Oh I know that statement alone will cause a ton of my readers to object. I understand that many MANY men do not show the love and compassion necessary to be a leader, and I would NEVER suggest a woman follow a man who is not worthy. But if people were like they used to be, men would be raised knowing how to properly love and lead their families. Women would be raised to know how to properly love and care for their men and children. If everyone thought about another higher than themselves this world would be so much more peaceful! So if anyone ever invents a time machine, please sign my family up to be the first ones to try it out. Send me to time when work is harder, but life is sweeter. To a time where people care for one another more than for themselves. And if this time doesn't really exist and people were always the same petty, spiteful, selfish lot we see today, don't tell me! Let me dream foolishly of something that may only exist when we move onto the next life and have learned what we need to know here to make us better people!

No comments:

Post a Comment